About GetGo Technologies
GetGo is Singapore’s largest and fastest growing carsharing platform that enables everyone with the freedom to drive, without the burden of ownership. Our vision is to be APAC’s #1 carsharing platform as we seek to create a mobility ecosystem that’s shared and sustainable for all.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced, talented, and highly motivated individual to be our Accountant at GetGo. Our ideal candidate is a commercially minded, analytical, and operationally excellent financial professional who will assist to drive all aspects of corporate accounting activities, including but not limited to management reporting, consolidation, treasury, tax, audit, cash flow management, business planning matters.
Day to Day Activities
- Work closely with the manager to maintain and manage the financial health of the company
- Support the Finance Manager in all related areas such as statutory audit, corporate tax and GST
- Guides Finance Executive and Finance Assistant by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Ensure timely, accurate month-end and year-end closing
- Prepare and maintain accounting ledgers, journals & schedules
- Prepare and maintain bank and intercompany reconciliations
- Prepare intercompany billings & recharges
- Provide financial analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Prepare monthly P&L flux analyses for management reporting
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Generate financial statements for internal and external company requirements
- Proactively identify area of improvement and opportunities to drive and enhance finance operational efficiency
- Develop and document business processes to strengthen internal controls
- Assist in annual audit with the external auditors and ensure local statutory audits are completed on time.
- Ensure compliance to Financial Reporting Standards (FRS), company accounting policies/ standards
- Coordinate and liaise with other external parties such as external auditors, tax agents, corporate secretarial agents, local tax and government authorities where required
- Support and ensure compliance with all tax filing requirement (corporate tax, withholding, transfer pricing)
- Assist in new processes and system implementation to enhance efficiency & effectiveness
- Drive system designs and conduct user acceptance test to ensure that system design meets the operational requirement
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Degree in Accountancy / Chartered Accountant / ACCA or equivalent professional qualification
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in a fast paced working environment
- Result oriented, critical thinking skills and able to work independently.
- Able to multi-task, manage deadlines and communicate well across different departments in an organization.
- In-depth knowledge of full sets of financial accounts, preferably with experience in project management or exposure to the financial markets
- Familiar and hands-on experience with audits and accounts payable/receivable cycles.
- Passion for the development of clearly-defined and optimization of operational processes
- Excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
- Positive, meticulous, systematic, assertive, analytical, possess strong problem solving skills, good oral communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong in Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience and familiarity with XERO is a plus
- Strong alignment with our GetGo Values:
- Get it going!
- Stay curious and humble
- Drive Innovation & Improvement
- Keep it simple
- Empathise Deeply
- Collaborate for success
- Enjoy the ride
What We Offer
- Vibrant, fun, and dynamic working environment
- Medical benefits including health insurance, leave enhancement benefits, etc.
- Staff discount when driving with GetGo
- Training and development courses
- Contributing part of the success in building a fast growing car sharing platform