Senior Data Engineer
About GetGo Technologies
GetGo is building the #1 carsharing platform in APAC that enables everyone with the freedom to drive, without the burden of ownership. In doing so, we seek to create a mobility ecosystem that’s shared and sustainable for all.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced, technically talented, and highly motivated team player who is a data nerd and has a passion for all things numerical.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for data and can build systems to provide relevant insights to GetGo to fulfil our mission of enabling the #FreedomToDrive.
Day to Day Activities
The Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Define our data architecture, framework, standards and principles, including modelling, metadata, security, reference data such as product codes and client categories, and master data such as clients, vendors, materials, and employees
- Educate, train, and mentor members of the data engineering and business analytics teams in the design, implementation, and usage of modern data systems.
- Design, develop and operationalize our data architecture using appropriate platforms
- Understand and implement distributed relational and tabular data stores, message queues, stream processing facilities, and other scalable big-data platform technologies.
- Identify key weaknesses in the current data engineering process and spearhead process improvements
- Cultivate talent; build strong morale; motivate and inspire the team to want to exceed expectations
- Streamline data flows and models; improve consistency, quality, accessibility, and security; unify data architecture; remove unnecessary costs; and, optimize database activity across company needs.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (business analytics, marketing teams etc.) to specify data requirements and develop data insights to meet company OKRs
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics, data science (including Machine Learning), or equivalent quantitative research experience if she/he has a different academic background
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience in machine learning or advanced analytics, including designing, developing and deploying data architecture and data science models, using distributed and cloud infrastructure
- Excellent understanding and curiosity in the areas of data science and machine learning frameworks, tools, and algorithms, both for regression and classification problems (e.g., Python, ArcGIS, Java, MatLab are highly desirable)
- Strong technical capabilities and proven expertise in developing and implementing a full range of analytical techniques to address commercial challenges.
- You have strong personal alignment with our GetGo Values:
- Get it going!
- Stay curious and humble
- Innovate constantly
- Keep it simple
- Collaborate for success
- Enjoy the ride
What We Offer
- Vibrant, fun, and dynamic working environment
- Medical benefits including health insurance
- Staff discount when driving with GetGo
- Monthly structured cross-functional training programs
Interested candidates, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org