User Interface (UI) Designer
About GetGo Technologies
We are a Singapore-based digital startup that aims to put freedom to drive in everyone’s hands by empowering the Singapore community to access cars wherever and whenever they want through a frictionless digital service. In doing so, we seek to create an ecosystem where mobility is shared, sustainable, and accessible to everyone.
About the Role
As our first UI Designer, you will be part of the Product Team and report to the Head of Product. Your role will be to design GetGo’s UI across both iOS and Android apps, so as to improve the user experience of our customers through design thinking and empathy for our users.
Day to Day Activities
- Develop standard UI components, specifications and style guides for company-wide use
- Conduct industry research and stay up-to-date on best practices and emerging technologies.
- Collaborate with product and engineering team to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Effectively communicate your designs to developers and other key stakeholders.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Optimize existing user interface designs base on data and user feedback
- Architect user flows to optimise the user experience across a variety of platforms including mobile & web
- Conduct research by talking to users, sieving through data, and synthesizing your research into design solutions that would cater to the broad user base
- Advocate for design solutions that would represent the voice of the user while balancing this with business needs to drive product strategy
- Develop high level, detailed storyboards and mockups to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas to the product and engineering teams
- Work alongside cross functional teams throughout the product development lifecycle
- At least 2 years of experience in UI design
- Exceptional understanding and execution of core visual design principles–layout, visual hierarchy, typography, color, pattern, grid—and iconography
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Strong skills in quickly mocking up and iterating on ideas and clearly presenting complex information simply.
- Passion for optimising the user experience
- Able to look into and make sense of data to support your decisions
- Strong alignment with our GetGo Values:
- Get it going!
- Stay curious and humble
- Innovate constantly
- Keep it simple
- Collaborate for success
- Enjoy the ride
What We Offer
- Vibrant, fun, and dynamic working environment
- Medical benefits including health insurance
- Staff discount when driving with GetGo
- Monthly structured cross-functional training programs
Interested candidates, please email your resume to email@example.com
You should include these in your application:
- A CV and/or Linkedin profile
- A link to your portfolio
- (optional) a suggestion through mockups how you would improve one part of our mobile app
The above is more of a wish-list rather than a must have. We highly encourage you to apply even if you feel that you don’t meet all or even most of the criteria. If you believe in your skills and are passionate about what we do, we’d love to hear from you! If you’re a fresh grad without work experience, show us what you can do and we’d still love to chat!