So you’ve heard all about GetGo and want to try it out for yourself, but don’t know where to start?
Great news – getting started is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Step 1: Download the app
GetGo is free to download on both iOS and Android!
Click on the links below to download the app now:
Apple App Store
Google Play Store
Use code GET50GO to enjoy 50% off (capped at $8) your first drive.
Step 2: Register for an account
There are 2 ways to sign up with us: using MyInfo will allow you to get verified instantly, whereas manual registration will take up to 48 hours.
If you hold a foreign driving license which adds up to at least 1 year of driving experience together with your Singapore driving license, you will be able to join us too! Read this article for more information.
Step 3: Make a booking
Now that your account is all set, you’re ready to make your first booking and rent a car!
We’ve made it simple with a step-by-step video:
- Under the Book a car tab, input your location, date & time and duration of your desired booking. A list of cars available will pop up — select your preferred car.
- After selecting your car, check through the details of your booking. Ensure the start date, end date and duration is correct.
- You may opt for either Basic Car Insurance, or top up for Collision Damage Waiver. Read more about how CDW can protect you here.
- Tap on Estimated total to see the estimated breakdown of your bill. Make sure you enter your promo code before confirming your booking!
- While next to the car, tap on Connect to car — once you’re connected, tap on Unlock car.
- Complete the checklist to check that everything is in order. If there are no issues, tap on I Acknowledge and the door will be unlocked. Hop in, and you’re all set to GetGo!
3 things to take note of before your booking:
- Plan out your route beforehand to get the most out of your mileage.
- Check the condition of the car and report any damages you spot via the app.
- Don’t forget to bring along your cashcard – you’ll need it to pay for parking!
- Tap on End booking.
- Acknowledge that everything on the checklist is completed by tapping on the checkbox.
- To end your booking, tap and hold on the Hold to End Booking button. Hold until the animation is completed to ensure your booking has ended.
3 things to take note of when your booking is ending:
- Factor in some buffer time to return the car.
Every booking is given a 10 minute grace period to return the car to the designated carpark lot and end the booking. If you’ve not returned the car after the grace period, your booking will be auto-extended by 15 minutes (max. 4 times, up to 1 hour). Read more about this here.
- If the fuel is below 1/4 tank, you can top it up for the next GetGoer and receive a $6 promo code!
Read more about this here.
- Return the car back to its original lot.
If you find the lot to be occupied by another car, check out this article to find out what to do.
Have a question? Head over to our FAQ Help Centre: https://help.getgo.sg/en/
Download GetGo now to rent a car from $3/hour and use code GET50GO to get 50% off* (capped at $8) your first drive.
* Code is only valid for the first booking. Other T&Cs apply.
See you on the road!